We strive to be the best not the biggest.
John H Whitaker (Tankers) Limited is a world wide shipping company that provides specialist shipping solutions to our customers both large and small. The company was formed in 1880 and is still owned and operated by the fifth generation of the founder. We are recognised and respected for our integrity, innovation and above all the safety of our operations.
We operate a small fleet of seagoing tankers mainly in the UK and Northern Europe, but can profess to be truly global having operated as far afield as Australia, Africa and South America.
Our modern fleet of tankers are: –
- Double Hulled.
- Highly manoeuvrable.
- Capable of blending on board to customer requirements.
- Some are certified to carry out customs dye marking.
- Fully capable of either ship to ship offshore transfers, ship bunkering, or transporting oil to coastal terminals.
- Fully equipped ready to bunker with appropriate, hoses, cranes fenders, reducers, spill booms.
- All registered with White Listed Flags.
- Fully SIRE approved.
Safety is our key priority and we achieve this through rigorous training, excellent teamwork and constant review of our policies to ensure our service is of the highest quality.
To further enhance the peace of mind of our customers, the company is fully certified to ISO9001:2015.
We pride ourselves in not only providing the vessels, but also providing a one stop shop to our customers. This means we look after the logistics so the customer can concentrate on selling their oil.
In order to best service our customers we have offices located in both the North and South of the UK giving us 24/7 direct hands on management of the ships.